01 February 2014

Misellany January Loves

I cannot believe it's February!  That is a crazy notion.  I actually just spent a better part of my work time this week decorating the library with Valentine heart strings.  It was all very festive.

I have to say, I really like January.  After the crazy-ness that ensues as a result of the holidays, it's nice to have an entire month to calm down a little bit.  As a matter of fact, I calmed down so much that I read like 9 books, which is probably more than I read in November and December combined.

One of my goals this year is to be a better blogger, so here's the beginning of that attempt.  Even if it's not a full review, hopefully I'll be posting something to tickle your book and music tastebuds each week.  So, without further ado, here's a list of some of my favorite books I read in January.

1. Ketchup Clouds - Annabel Piltcher
This was a great book - so great in fact that a review will be coming your way next week.

 2. The Impossible Knife of Memory - Laurie Halse Anderson
This book was everything I didn't know I needed until I read it.  I'm affected by books, but rarely am I as affected by them as I was by this one.

3. Life is Outer Space - Melissa Keil
On my to-read pile since the dawn of time, I swear.  I finally read this over the weekend and I adored it.  Like a Rosie Project for teens. I LOVED it. (P.S. Ignore the weirdness of the US cover and just look at the Australian version.  It's the best one.)

Books I'm looking forward to reading (out but I haven't read yet):

1. Cruel Beauty - Rosamund Hodge
Seriously.  Beauty and the Beast retellings get to me - set it in a dystopian world and I'm yours.

2. No One Else Can Have You - Kathleen Hale
This sounds like a David Lynch novel.  I love everything about the description.  Cannot wait to get my hands on a copy.

3. The Avery Shaw Experiment - Kelly Oram
This book sound hilarious.  Very teen, and hopefully very funny.  Also, a good deal on kindle.

Albums I cannot stop listening to:

1. Pure Heroine - Lorde
I've been sucked in, but this chick's vocals and bass line make me feel like I should be floating in space.  And that's pretty cool. Favorite tracks: Ribs, Team, A World Alone

2. All the Little Lights - Passenger
Passenger is kind of a songwriting god.  I especially love The Wrong Direction and I Hate

Album I cannot wait for:

Pale Sun Rose - Matthew and the Atlas
All I have to say is: this is a lesson in patience.


Until next time,
E

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I have many of these on my to read list. And I want to download Lorde's album. I love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete