05 June 2012

Track on Tuesday: Underneath the Apple Tree

Album: The Merry Go Round EP
Artist: Pete Roe
Genre: Folk
Label: Communion
Released: 7 June 2010
My Review: I remember when I first saw Pete Roe perform live and I was completely blown away. Not only was his voice just this new and incredible thing, but the passion he had when he sang, and the way that he manipulated certain lyrics to be either softer or louder during certain sections was so amazing. You definitely hear the jazz-influence on this track and it has a more traditional folk style than other of Roe's songs, but I have to admit, the lyrics are what get me every time. I am such a sucker for really great lyrics that are delivered well, and Pete Roe has that in spades. This is the perfect song to sit out in the sun and read a book to.


No comments:

Post a Comment