30 October 2012

Track on Tuesday: I Loved

Album: I Loved Single
Artist: Emilie Chytreaus
Genre: Jazz/Soul Indie
Label: Unsigned
Released: 31 January 2012 (via soundcloud)
My Review: Do you ever hear a song and just think, “wow that was pretty incredible.”  That’s how I felt the first time I listened to this song by Emilie Chytreaus.  I discovered Emilie through twitter, I’m not super active on twitter so it took me a little while to get around to listening to some of my followers, but let me say this: I have really enjoyed and loved the music of all my musician followers.  Seriously. 
With this track, and Emilie, sigh: I don’t know if it’s the season, if it’s just where I’m at in life, but Emilie and her incredible lovely smoky vocals really struck a chord with me.  She reminds me of the old jazz night club singers of the twenties.  Her vocal styling has a certain degree of maturity that is hard to find these days, and I adore it.  This piano heavy track is so incredibly lovely and heartfelt, honestly? I couldn’t help but love it. 

I couldn’t find any official lyrics, but here is the track via soundcloud:


You can find out more about Emilie via her twitter page
(That's how I did.)

No comments:

Post a Comment