26 September 2013

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown

Author: Holly Black
Series: stand-alone (?)
Genres: Paranormal, Vampires, Contemporary, Young Adult
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Released: 3 September 2013
Summary: courtesy of goodreads.com Tana lives in a world where walled cities called Coldtowns exist. In them, quarantined monsters and humans mingle in a decadently bloody mix of predator and prey. The only problem is, once you pass through Coldtown’s gates, you can never leave.
One morning, after a perfectly ordinary party, Tana wakes up surrounded by corpses. The only other survivors of this massacre are her exasperatingly endearing ex-boyfriend, infected and on the edge, and a mysterious boy burdened with a terrible secret. Shaken and determined, Tana enters a race against the clock to save the three of them the only way she knows how: by going straight to the wicked, opulent heart of Coldtown itself.
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown is a wholly original story of rage and revenge, of guilt and horror, and of love and loathing from bestselling and acclaimed author Holly Black.
My Review:  
Dear Holly Black, you pretty much rocked my world.  This novel was one of the best takes on vampire lore in young adult fiction I have ever read.  Thank you for making a book about vampires so delightfully scary.  Thank you for making them actually drink the blood of humans.  Thank you for making them actually want to.  Holly Black, I just gotta say: If I could rap I would write a rap about how great I think you are.  About how I think you’re a pretty much the coolest.  I loved this book.  I loved how much I felt.  I loved how terrifying this book was.  I’m glad I slept with the light on.  I still am a week later.  Thanks for making a great cast of characters.  Thanks for going the Anne Rice route.  And thanks, for creating a YA vampire novel that has finally, finally exceeded the rest.
You rock Ms Black.

Sincerely yours,
E


No comments:

Post a Comment