24 June 2012

Shiver

Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Series: The Wolves of Mercy Falls # 1
Genres: Paranormal, Supernatural, Young Adult, Romance
Publisher: Scholastic, Inc.
Released: 1 August 2009
Summary: via goodreads.com Grace and Sam share a kinship so close they could be lovers or siblings. But they also share a problem. When the temperature slips towards freezing, Sam reverts to his wolf identity and must retreat into the woods to protect his pack. He worries that eventually his human side will fade away and he will be left howling alone at the lonely moon. A stirring supernatural teen romance.
My Review:Out of every book involving werewolves, this one is by far my favorite. I love the different narratives, especially the strength of Sam's voice.  Grace is so sweet and endearing that it's hard not to like her.  I also liked Stiefvater's world, and how she tailored the werewolf legend to her book, it is such a smart and new way to look at werewolves.  There were so many sweet scenes, and the set up of the book with the blue writing was captivating.  I began this book as an audiobook to listen to on my way to work, and it literally couldn't be read fast enough so I ended up heading to Barnes and Noble because the library had a hold list.  The only thing I wish is that there hadn't been a sequel. Linger kind of ruined The Wolves of Mercy Falls for me. Shiver, however blew my mind. Sam and Grace are two of the worlds most loving people, their relationship is based on a mutual progression that is hard to find in YA novels. Sam is good and nice, and so is Grace. There isn't any weird love triangle, there is just two kids, figuring out life as best they can and falling in love in the process. Stiefvater's take on werewolves is also one that I love, original and beautiful I really really loved Shiver.


No comments:

Post a Comment