29 July 2012

Summer Sunday Mix Tape

Sometimes when I'm getting ready to post I think:
"I should blog a little more about music."
But then, it gets complicated because although I've been writing book reviews for friends and giving book recommendations for ages; I haven't written about music a lot.  I just know what I listen to and I know that I like it.  Music is such an incredible art form, and there is SO MUCH of it in such varying degrees.
It would be impossible to listen to all of the music out there, and it's a lot harder to judge music because what do you have to judge it against?

With books there is a system, an established order.
With music, it's more elemental.  A feeling, a moment, a whisper, it is gorgeous, and life altering.
And, hard to write about.  Which is why I only post music related stuff that I really love on here and don't give it any sort of rating.  If I like it, I tell people about it.  That's just how it is.

Anyways, after coming to that (long-explained) conclusion, I've decided that maybe a little playlist every once in a while wouldn't hurt.


Summer 2012
 A Mixtape

The Heinrich Maneuver -  Interpol
Shadow Days - John Mayer
Back Down South - Kings of Leon
Love You Madly - Cake
Human - The Killers
Some Boys - Death Cab for Cutie
Dog Problems - The Format
Your Hand in Mine - Explosions in the Sky
Shangri-la - South of Ramona
Traveling Song - Passenger
Lonely Boy - The Black Keys
Hopeless Wanderer - Mumford and Sons
Take Over the World - The Courteeners
Fearless - Taylor Swift
Hannah - Freelance Whales
Diamonds - Passenger
How the Dinosaurs Talk - Beans on Toast
Feel So Close - Calvin Harris
Brother's Boat - Eliza and the Bear
Springtime Bloom - Holy Vessels
Wake Up - Arcade Fire
Charlie Brown - Coldplay
Colorblind - Andrew Belle


No comments:

Post a Comment